- Shampoo your hair only three or four times a week. If you have to shampoo it daily, use a sulphate-free shampoo.
- Always condition your hair after a shampoo.
- To remove any excess dirt or build-up in your hair, use a clarifying shampoo. This is especially useful after a swim or after a day at the beach
- Massage your scalp often. This will help increase blood flow, allowing your hair to grow faster and healthier.
- To avoid drying or burning your hair in the sun, use a hat or a cap whenever you venture outdoors.
- Since hair is made up of protein, ensure that you eat a balanced diet that is rich in lean protein, whole grains, fruits and veggies.
- Keep hair care and styling products away from the roots to avoid that greasy, unwashed look.
- Include iron, zinc and omega 3 fatty acids in your diet. Iron helps transport oxygen to the blood vessels, zinc grows and repairs tissues, and omega 3 fatty acids helps hair stay healthy.
- Don’t stress; it can accelerate hair loss.
- Comb-overs are a complete NO-NO!
- Avoid smoking. In addition to being bad for your lungs, heart and general health, it dehydrates your skin and hair, ageing it before time.
- Do not leave oil or styling product in your hair overnight as it may clog the pores of the scalp leading to hair fall.
- Do not use very hot water while shampooing your hair. The water should be lukewarm.
- Don’t sleep with wet or damp hair as this will weaken the follicles and make the hair strands more brittle.
Written By :