Keep these basic things in mind while wearing the tie bar:
- Avoid opting for one that is wider than your tie.
- You could either go for a pinch clasp and a slide clasp. If you like wearing slim ties, then opt for the latter.
- Fasten the tie bar between the third and the fourth button of your dress shirt.
- It all lies in the detail. Just before fastening the tie bar, pull your tie upward. This will add a hint of depth and make it more functional.
- Wear the tie bar perpendicular to your tie; it shouldn’t be at any other angle. A slant tie bar will look very sloppy.
- Try one in silver, which will complement most of your sartorial picks. Gold can also be a great idea, as the jewel glint of the metal will light up the ensemble.
- Most importantly, avoid wearing it with a waistcoat or a cardigan. Do not forget that the purpose of a tie bar is to keep the tie in place.
Written By :